Some Info & Tips for Guests
Please read carefully
– Super single size (extra wide) bunk beds with comfortable mattresses and linen
– Fresh linens
– Air conditioned bedrooms (brand new Panasonic Inverter ACs)
– Personal locker for each (bring your own lock)
– A power point for each bed
– Reading light for each bed
– Cable TV
– Free High Speed Wi-Fi/broadband access (100Mbps), fastest among all Singapore hostels!
– Free basic breakfast with delicious spreads like Nutella, Skippy peanut butter, strawberry, kaya & orange jams
– Free coffee/tea
– High Tech self service laundry with dryer
– Clean bathrooms with hot water
– Free Shower gel/Shampoo
– EZlink transportation cards available for buses/mrt
- Video camera
- Credit cards
- Travel bag
1. No smoking is permitted within the hostel premises.
2. For safety reasons, we do not accept children below the age of 10 years and seniors above the age of 50.
3. No outsiders / visitors are allowed to enter the hostel premises. Any non registered guests who enters hostel with
access card will be asked to leave and the access card will be retained.
4. There is no curfew imposed but be considerate when coming back late by keeping noise
5. In house phone is for making local calls only and is limited to 5 mins per call.
6. No pungent food (i.e durians/ stinky fish) to be brought into the hostel.
7. We provide all day free breakfast but kindly wash your utensils (cups / plates) after use.
8. Reception is open 930 am to 3 pm daily (for check ins outside of this time please email us details and arrangement will be
9. We reserve the right to check out any guests anytime who behave in a disorderly manner or intentionally disturbs the
10. Animals / pets are not allowed in the hostel.
11. As we are registered as a backpacker hostel, we do not accept locals / PRs / students/ foreigners with work
12. Management is not responsible for any loss of items. Guests are advised to keep valuables/ belongings locked up in the
13. Rates quoted are based from 2 pm to 12 pm the next day and is non refundable if portion of the day is used.
14. For hygiene reasons, consumption of food is not allowed inside the dorm rooms.
15. Once a guest checks out, he/ she may leave his luggage for a maximum of 6 hrs with us for storage but we will not be
responsible for any losses or damage.
16. Management reserves the right to reject any guests that we deem unsuitable. These include
a) guests crawling with bed bugs
b) guests who smell like they have not bathed for a month
c) guests with unbearable body/ foot odor (these include guests who use hair oil which stains the pillows and sheets)
d) guests who snores super loudly and keep everyone awake
e) guests with skin conditions, especially those that leave peelings all over the hostel floor
f) guests who antagonize or harass other guests.
g) inconsiderate guests who wake everyone up in the room with irritating alarms (i.e cock crowing, dog barking)
17. Staying in a hostel is all about community living. Please do not book if you are anti-social, depressed with life, suicidal,
cranky, a light sleeper or have a habit of picking fights with other people. We try our best to keep the environment
cheerful as possible.
18. We have a strict policy on bad smells and if the room smells like any 1 person, that guest will be asked to leave.
19. A penalty of $20 will be charged for any lost access card.
20. Management reserves the right to reject any guest that has stayed with us and given a poor rating (our standards are
high and anything below 90% is deemed poor). Deposits paid will NOT be refunded.
21. Our hostel does accept guests who are coming into Singapore for religious or spiritual teachings
22. We do not accept patients of SGH nor visitors who are visiting patients of SGH.
23. Hair oil / incense burning / prayer rituals / sandalwood scents are strictly prohibited in the hostel
24. We do not take take guests who are job seekers nor guests that are working here in Singapore but on a social visit pass.
25. Credit cards for bookings must be in the name of the guest. Any bookings made by non guests will be returned and the booking will
HOW FIND US FROM CHANGI AIRPORT
1. By Airport Shuttle (24 hrs)
Please approach the Ground Transport Desk at the Arrival Hall let them know u want to go to Happy Snail Hostel. Cost is $9 per person. This option is cost effective for single or double travelers. Shuttle will take you directly to the hostel.2. By TaxiInform taxi driver that u are going to
Block 147 Silat Avenue #01-32 S(160147)
Landmarks: SGH, Outram MRT, Kampong Bahru RoadCheaper option – if there are 3 or 4 people in one taxi.3. By MRT (not valid from 12 am to 6am)
Walk to Changi Airport Station
Take MRT to Outram Park MRT (EW16)
i ) Go to Exit A, take taxi to hostel
ii) Go to Exit H, take bus number 147 or 961 to the hostel.
The landmark to drop off is a white Sikh temple.* When you reach Block 147, go around to the back and you will see our entrance Happy Snail Hostel Pte Ltd.
Walk up to the second floor and you’re there !
RECOMMENDED CHECK IN/OUT TIMES
Check out time: 1100 hrs
Reception is open from 930 am to 3 pm and by appointment
SERVICES & FACILITIES
COFFEE AND TEA
Feel free to serve your self and your friends with warm drinks all day long
In lobby there is a big screen TV with many channels open for watching movies and other activities.